West Orange Commercial Energy Efficiency
PSE&G Business Energy Saver Program
Direct Install Program
“The Township participated in the Direct Install Program a few years ago to upgrade equipment with energy-efficient features in our municipal buildings. These upgrades helped the Township realize over $100,000 in energy and cost savings. Moving forward, I’ve assembled a framework of community leaders who will be instrumental in this new commercial outreach campaign offering PSE&G’s Business Energy Saver Program, which includes Direct Install. We are excited to work with Sustainable Jersey and PSE&G to make these programs and incentives more accessible to local West Orange businesses. Participation in a free energy audit through this collaborative effort will help the local business community focus on effective energy- and cost-saving measures. Businesses may also be eligible to receive low-interest loans on qualifying Energy Star appliances and equipment”
— Susan McCartney, Mayor
In addition to commercial energy-efficiency outreach, West Orange recently worked with Sustainable Jersey and Montclair State University on a PSE&G Residential Energy Efficiency Savings Program.
West Orange Contact:
About West Orange’s Campaign and PSE&G’s Business Energy Saver Program
West Orange’s energy efficiency campaign, in collaboration with Sustainable Jersey and PSE&G, provides essential resources and guidance to help business owners reduce their energy consumption and implement sustainable practices effectively. This program, which includes the Direct Install Program and incentives for small businesses, can help identify energy-saving opportunities.
PSE&G’s Direct Install Program can uncover hidden facility energy savings that can cut energy costs by as much as 30%. When the work is complete, customers repay as little as 20% of the total project cost—interest-free—over 60 months on their monthly PSE&G bill (or in one lump-sum payment, if preferred).
Financial incentives are available to reduce the upfront cost of installing energy-saving equipment.
About the Sustainable Jersey — PSE&G Energy Efficiency Partnership Program
Sustainable Jersey and PSE&G have launched a partnership to help New Jersey business owners take advantage of state-supported programs. These programs can help lower energy costs by installing energy-efficient equipment and create a safer, more comfortable environment for customers and employees.
In 2018 the New Jersey Clean Energy Act became law. In addition to setting new targets for renewable energy and greenhouse gas emissions, the Act mandated that New Jersey’s public electric and gas utilities implement energy-efficiency programs and meet specific greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets.
PSE&G’s Direct Install Program
Created specifically for existing small to medium-sized facilities, the Direct Install Program delivers turnkey solutions that make it easy and affordable to upgrade to energy-efficient equipment, thereby reducing energy usage.
Direct Install Program Benefits
- Paying for 100% of up-front costs.
- Providing a free on-site energy audit and detailed project cost estimate.
- Recommending energy-efficiency upgrades.
- Executing all work through PSE&G authorized contractors.
- Lowering energy costs by installing energy-efficient equipment.
- Helping to increase facility operational efficiencies.
- Creating a safer and more comfortable workplace for employees.
- Helping meet customer environmental goals by reducing the use of outdated and inefficient equipment and supporting lower carbon footprint standards.
How the Direct Install Program Works
- The Direct Install Program team will verify customer eligibility.
- A PSE&G-authorized contractor will perform an energy assessment at no cost for participating customer facilities.
- The contractor will generate a proposal outlining costs, project details and participation agreements, and obtain all approvals and signatures.
- The customer reviews the proposal and signs off on the proposed work.
- The PSE&G-authorized contractor submits final paperwork for processing and project initiation.
- PSE&G performs a post-installation inspection.
- PSE&G provides final approval process and final payment notification.
Eligible energy-efficient equipment upgrades can include:
- Lighting, retrofit and replacement, interior and exterior
- Heating and cooling equipment
- Commercial refrigeration equipment
The PSE&G Direct Install Program team will verify customer eligibility for:
- New Jersey businesses (nonresidential customers).
- NJ businesses that have an average annual electric demand of 200 kW or less (individual facility).
There are some exclusions for customers who are located in urban enterprise zones (UEZs).
The first step to participate is to schedule a free, no-obligation business energy audit by a PSE&G-authorized contractor.
Call PSE&G at 1-844-300-7734 or visit bizsave.pseg.com/Direct-Install.
Request More Information